Adolescence is a time of great turmoil, change and potential growth. This is why Pathways develops and provides services which respond to the local needs of the Carteret community and the student population. Pathway offers services before, during and after school and throughout the summer. These services are designed to remove the barriers that impede young people from being successful in school and in life. Whether these stressors and barriers to success include mental health issues, family conflict, inability to control anger, financial difficulties, substance use or academics, Pathways will work with students to address these issues.
Pathways boasts an array of programs specifically designed for Carteret High School students including:
- Counseling – Over one third of the High School student body participates in individual, group, or family counseling each year. Most referrals come from students themselves. Individual counseling is provided by trained, licensed mental health professionals.
- Educational Enrichment – Advocacy, homework support, and access to free computers are provided.
- Health Care – Our on-site Nurse Practitioner provides primary and preventative health care, prescriptions, health screenings and education, and much more on a weekly basis.
- Employment Preparation – Employment and life skills counseling, as well as job search coaching and assistance, are offered.
- Clinical and Support Groups – Whether it is the weekly Girl Talk support and empowerment group, SADD or the PALS community service initiative, students have the support they need to grow and express themselves.
- Recreation – In addition to providing a safe and comfortable space for recreation during lunch or study periods, Pathways arranges trips, special events, and an engaging summer camp.