What does science have to do with prevention? This class will answer that question as well as many others. Sources for evidence based prevention programs, fidelity and adaptation will be presented and ways to draw meaningful interpretations of evaluation results will be included. Anyone seeking funding for prevention programs should attend this workshop to learn what is on the cutting edge in the prevention field.
1. Define evidence based programs and principles.
2. Identify evidenced based resources for prevention from national sources, including, but not limited to OJJDP, NREPP, SAMHSA, etc.
3. Define program fidelity and implementation guidelines.
4. Understand how to adapt evidence based programs while maintaining fidelity.
5. Interpret evaluation results from evidenced based prevention programs.
6. Connect evidenced based research to local prevention programs.
Instructor: Helen Varvi, M. Ed., CPS
Please note: If you are using a purchase order to pay for this class, there will be an additional $6.00 charged for processing, per class!
The Wellness Center for Prevention has instituted a new "No Show" policy that will result in a $15 fee assessed to any individual who fails to show up for a class or event held at or by the agency for which a fee is required. Individuals who cancel their appointments at least 24 hours in advance will not be charged a fee.